Can’t adjust brightness windows 10
- Fixed: can’t adjust brightness on Windows 10.
- Update your Display Adapter Drivers.
- Update your Drivers Manually.
- Update your Driver automatically.
- Adjust the brightness from Power Options.
- Re-enable your PnP Monitor.
- Delete hidden devices under PnP Monitors.
- Fix an ATI bug via registry Editor.
How to fix brightness problem in Windows 10
method # 1: Can’t adjust brightness windows 10
- Device manager
- Right click and Enable GnP Monitor
- Update the driver software as well
Method #2: Can’t adjust brightness windows 10
- Display adapters
- Right click and updte all itmes under it
- Select the latest driver
- Now you can adjust the brightness
- Please restart your system if the problem persists
How do I fix the brightness on Windows 10?
You will also find this option in the Settings application in Windows 10. Open the Settings application from the Start menu or Start screen, select “System” and select “Display”. Click or touch and drag the “Adjust brightness level” slider to change the brightness level.
How do I adjust the brightness on Windows 10 without the option?
To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.
- Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.
- In the search box, type Power Options.
- Click on Power options, and under any plan, click Change plan settings.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- In the list, expand Display, and then expand Enable adaptive brightness.
- To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click On battery, and then, in the list, click On or Off.
- To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or Off.
- Click Apply. Click OK.
If the issue persists, follow method 2
Step 1: Update the Display driver.
Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.
- Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
- Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.
- At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
- Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
- When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
Download and install drivers
Why is my brightness not working Windows 10?
Most of the time, the Windows 10 brightness problem can be solved simply by updating the GPU drivers. So, follow the steps mentioned below: Open Start menu> Type Device Manager and open it. Select Update Driver Software from the menu to fix Windows 10 brightness control not working.
Why is there no brightness setting on Windows 10?
If the Windows 10 brightness slider is missing, it may be at an inappropriate level. The reason for this problem may be a problematic driver or the TeamViewer application. One solution for the missing brightness option is to update the drivers with a dedicated tool.