fix connections to bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays in windows 10
- Right-click Windows 10 Start Menu and select Run.
- Then, enter dxdiag in the Run command and click OK. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open.
- On then bottom right of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click Save All Information.
- Then, on the Save as dialogue box, select a location to save the file and note it – then, note the file name and click Save.
- Finally, open the text file and press Ctrl and F keys simultaneously to display the Find box. On the Find what field, enter Miracast and click Find Next. When you Miracast, confirm that it displays Available – see the second screenshot below.
- If the search returns that it was not found, select Down and try again.
- If Miracast displays Not Available, there is NO need to try any other step in this guide – you have found your fix for “connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays in windows 10”. However, if, like mine, it displays “Available“, your Bluetooth connection problem may be related to the solutions in the next three sections.
Check That Bluetooth Is Turned On
- Search bluetooth in Windows 10. Then, from the search results, click Bluetooth and other devices settings.
- Finally, on the Bluetooth & other devices settings screen, ensure that the toggle button beneath Bluetooth is turned on. To refresh the settings, even though it is turned On, toggle it Off, then, toggle it On.
- Update Bluetooth Driver
- Right-click Windows 10 Start Menu and select Device Manager.
- Then, on Device Manager, locate the Bluetooth category and expand it.
- Next, right-click your primary Bluetooth device and select Update driver.
- Then, on the Update Drivers screen, select the first option – Search automatically for drivers. Windows 10 will search the internet for updated Bluetooth drivers for your device.
- If the search finds and updated driver, install the new, updated driver. However if, like in my case below, Windows confirms that your PC has an updated driver for the Bluetooth device, close the Update Drivers wizard and proceed to the next fix.
Remove and Re-pair The Bluetooth Device
- Search Bluetooth and open it.
- Then, click on the device with the Bluetooth connection problem – and click Remove device.
Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Search Find and fix problems with Bluetooth devices. Then, from the search result, open the troubleshooter.
- On the first screen of the Bluetooth Troubleshooter, click Next.
- Finally, wait for the troubleshooter to check for Bluetooth problems. When the troubleshooter finishes, it will display a feedback – see the second screenshot below. If the troubleshooter identified and fixed a Bluetooth problem on your PC, try connecting to the device you were having problem connecting to.
How Do I Fix Bluetooth Not Finding Devices?
- 1 – Make sure that Bluetooth is turned On both in Windows 10 and on the device
- 2 – Remove the device from Windows 10 and pair it again
- 3 – Update Bluetooth drive on Windows 10
How Do I Connect To An Already Connected Bluetooth Device?
Search Bluetooth on your Windows 10 and open Bluetooth & other devices settings. Then, click on the device and select Remove device. Finally, turn off Bluetooth on Windows 10, turn it back On, and pair the device again.
Can Windows 10 Fix Bluetooth Problems?
Yes, Windows 10 has a built-in Bluetooth Troubleshooter. Windows 10 can use this to find and fix Bluetooth problems. To open the troubleshooter, search Find and fix problems with Bluetooth devices. Then, open the tool and run it. If the troubleshooter finds a problem, it may be able to fix it automatically.
Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices
If pressing the Connect button in action center doesn’t find your device, here are some things to try:
- Check action center to see if your Windows device supports Bluetooth. If it does, there’ll be a Bluetooth button in action center. Make sure it’s turned on.
- If you don’t see the Bluetooth button in action center, try updating your device’s driver. Here’s how:
- Go to Start , enter Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- In Device Manager, locate your device, press and hold (or right-click) it, select Update driver, select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the rest of the steps.
- If Bluetooth is turned on and the driver is up to date but your device still doesn’t work, try removing the device and re-pairing it. Here’s how:
- Go to Start , enter Devices, select Bluetooth and other devices settings >select the device > Remove device > Yes.
- Try pairing again.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth-enabled audio device is on and discoverable. How you do this varies with devices, so check the info that came with your device or go to the manufacturers website.
How To Setup Miracast Drivers Windows 10
- Make sure wifi is turned on, on your Windows 10 device.
- Now open your Windows 10 device.
- Then, navigate to Start > Settings > Devices > Connected Devices
- Click on ” Add a device” and wait for few seconds.
- Find the name of your Miracast driver Windows 10 and click on it.
- You have created a connection successfully.
How To Check Miracast Is Supported On Your Device
- Firstly, press Win+R keyboard shortcut keys.
- Then type “dxdiag” and hit Enter.
- Press Save All Information.
- Now, open the saved text file and search for Miracast: Available, with HDCP,
- You’ll find Miracast not available Windows 10 if your PC doesn’t support Miracast.
Miracast Windows 10: Fix Connections To Bluetooth Audio devices and wireless displays in Windows 10
Miracast is a standard for wireless devices to connect two devices quickly and safely.
With the help of Miracast, anyone can cast a screen on Windows 10 to fix the connection to Bluetooth audio and wireless display in Windows 10.
In other words, Miracast is a kind of HDMI cable or Dongle that allows your device to easily discover and connect to each other.
Update Bluetooth Driver Windows 10
- Open the Start menu and type “Device Manager“.
- Click on the Bluetooth option while the next window open.
- Find your Windows 10 Bluetooth device there.
- When you’ve found your Bluetooth device, Right click on it.
- Then, select the option UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE.
- After few minutes, your Windows 10 Bluetooth driver will be updated successfully.
Issue with Wireless Displays in Windows 10
Windows 10 supports the Miracast wireless technology which allows the computer to project to a display that also supports Miracast technology.
To add a wireless display to your computer follow the steps listed below.
- If your TV comes with built-in Miracast support, then turn it On.
- On your Windows 10 computer go to Start – Settings – Devices – Connected Devices.
- Click on ‘Add a Device’ and wait for the adapter to appear in the list. Click on the receiving adapter and that’s all. You’ve set up the wireless display.
In case you experience problems during the connection process then proceed with the following steps.
- Make sure that all the Display and Wi-Fi drivers are up to date and your computer supports Wi-Fi direct.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Make sure the display supports Miracast and verify it’s turned on. If your wireless display doesn’t, you’ll need a Miracast adapter.
- Restart your computer and the wireless display.
- Remove the wireless display then reconnect it. To remove the device, open Settings , and then select Devices > Bluetooth & other devices . Select the wireless display then select Remove device. After that, try reconnecting.
How do I fix Bluetooth compatibility Issues in Windows 10?
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
- Turn Bluetooth on and off again.
- Move the Bluetooth device closer to the Windows 10 computer.
- Confirm that the device supports Bluetooth.
- Turn on the Bluetooth device.
- Restart the Windows 10 computer.
- Check for a Windows 10 update.