windows 10 disk management
- To open Disk Management
- Right-click the Start button and select Disk Management.
- If you need help freeing up space on your PC,
- See Disk cleanup in Windows 10 or Free up drive space in Windows 10.
Disk Management Windows 10: Options
How to get to Disk Management on Windows 10
- Right-click the Windows icon, then click Disk Management.
- Left-click the Windows icon, type Disk Management, then click Create and format hard disk partitions.
Disk Management Windows 10: Format
How to Format a Hard Drive for Windows 10
- Connect your external hard drive to a Windows computer. …
- Right-click on the external hard drive and click Format.
- Choose a format under File System. …
- Check the Quick Format box, and click Start. …
- Click OK when the Format Complete pop-up screen appears.
How to Partition a USB / HDD drive in Windows 10
- First, right click the Start button
- And click on Disk management
- You can spot your drive by it’s Size
- To delete the existing partition, right click it and select Delete Volume
- To create a new partition, right click and select New Simple Volume
- Click Next, and set a size for the new partition
- Give the new partition a drive letter
- format the drive in order to mount it
- Wait a little
- Here it is
- All done!
How to Merge/Combine Partitions Directly without Data Loss in Windows 10
There are two methods to merge partitions:
- method 1 Merge Partitions with Windows Disk Management
- method 2.Merge partition without data loss—AOMEI Partition Assistant Standardd
method 1. Merge partitions with winnows disk management
Before we do, you should know Disk Management can’t merge two partitions directly you must delete one partition first and then use Extend Volume Wizard. Remember to backup files on the partition that needs to be deleted. Here I’m going to merge partitions C and I.
Detailed steps are below:
- Step 1. right click “computer”, then click “manage”.
- Step 2. select “disk management”under storage.
- Step 3. Right click partition I and select “Delete Volume”.
- You should delete the partition located at right
- Because Disk Management only allows you to extend one partition with unallocated space right behind it.
- step 4 right-click on a system partition and select the extend volume option
- step 5. follow the extend volume wizard and
- accept the default options to merge two partitions
- Wanna combine two partitions directly or merge partition with non-contiguous unallocated space.
- Maybe method 2 will satisfy your needs
Methods 2 . Merge partition without data loss—AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard
search AOMEI Partition Assistant on the internet. download the standard version for free.
- Step1 right-click the partition you need to merge.
- for example system partition
- and choose Merge Partitions.
- Step 2. Choose the partition that you need to be merged (eg. Partition I)
- and click ok.
- Step 3. In the main interface,
- Click Apply and Proceed to commit it.
- Now you have finished the merge partitions without any data loss.
How to Open Windows 10 Disk Management With a Command-Line
- In Windows 10, open Run from the Start menu or Apps screen.
- Type the following Disk Management command in the text box: diskmgmt.msc
- and then hit the Enter key or press OK, depending on where you ran the command from.
- Wait while Disk Management opens.
- To do this, open Task Manager via Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- and go to File > Run new task.
- Enter diskmgmt.msc and select OK.
Windows 10 Disk Management not (loading) working
Fixes For Disk Management Not Loading Error
- Open a Run dialog by pressing Win + R.
- Type cmd and press Enter to launch the command prompt.
- Use the command diskpart to launch the partition manager.
- Open a Run dialog by pressing Win + R.
- Type services.msc and press Enter to launch the Windows Services console.
- Locate and double click on Remote Access Connection Manager to launch its properties.
- Click the Startup type drop down menu and select Disabled.
- Once done, click on Apply followed by OK.
- Next, locate and double click on the Virtual Disk service.
- Click the Startup type drop-down menu and select either Manual or Automatic from there.
- Then, press Apply followed by OK to confirm the new settings.
- Restart your computer.
- Open Command Prompt. Press Win + R to launch a Run dialog
- Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to launch Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Enter the following command in the command line editor to launch and run the disk check:
chkdsk /f /r Z:
- Note: replace Z: with the letter assigned to the drive that you want to scan.
If some system files are missing or corrupted on your PC, Windows 10’s Disk Management may not work either. In this case, you can run the System File Checker (SFC) to scan all protected system files and replace the wrong versions with the correct versions from Microsoft. In the Command Prompt, enter “sfc /scannow“
- If Disk Management is not loading, there might be the case of a file corruption problem.
- However, if the app takes too much time to open, check if the hard drive is working properly.
- To solve the issue, try to run a Windows command-line tool to scan for potential errors.
- It’s also a great idea to try using a dedicated partitioning tool from AOMEI to fix the issue.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restore PC Repair Tool:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
If you use a computer and laptop then you must know about computer hard disk partition what is hard disk partition is and what are the uses but I think you don’t know how to delete Extra partition and how you can add this extra delete partition to another hard disk partition.
Help in Disk Management – Microsoft Support
Overview of Disk Management | Microsoft Docs