WordPress another update is currently in progress
This Problem Appears When Upgrading WordPress Troubleshooting That Is By Downloading A Plugin Click Plugins –> Add New And Find Fix Another Update In Progress Install and Activate Click Settings Click the WordPress Fix Button Issues Already Solved, Now Update WordPress Update Successful.
- Log in to the WordPress administration dashboard.
- Select Plugins > Add New.
- Search for Fix Another Update.
- Install Fix Another Update in Progress and activate the plugin
- Navigate to Settings > Fix Another Update In Progress, and the database lock will be removed.
- If you wish to remove the lock directly in the database, log into the HostPapa dashboard and select My cPanel.
- Select Databases > phpMyAdmin from the cPanel menu.
- Select your WordPress database from the sidebar, then click the Browse button next to the wp_options database table (your database prefix may be different).
- In the database rows that appear, look for an entry called ‘core_updater.lock’ and select the Delete button to remove.
- You can now proceed with your outstanding updates.
Update WordPress – Another update is currently in progress
Try adding this line to your theme’s functions.php
delete_option( "core_updater.lock" );
Bring up your site once, then you can remove the line.