wudfhost.exe windows driver foundation – user-mode driver framework host process
WUDFHost stands for “Windows User-mode Driver Framework Hosting Process“
“WUDFHost.exe” is part of Windows Vista and Windows 7/8/10. Some Windows drivers run in user mode (such as USB drivers), specifically in a process that runs the executable image WUDFHost.exe. See User mode controller framework for technical reference.
Can I disable Windows Driver Foundation driver mode framework?
MSC and press Enter. In the opened window, scroll down to find Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework. Right-click on it and choose Properties. You can change the startup type to Disabled or Manual.
How to check if your computer is infected with WUDFHost.exe malware?
Each malware is different and causes unique problems to the system. You will notice one or more of the following symptoms if your system is infected with the WUDFHost.exe virus:
- Internet connection fluctuates
- WUDFHost.exe file is taking more of your CPU memory
- System performance is very low
- Browser is redirected to some strange websites
- Interference of annoying popup ads
- Other malwares infiltrate into the system
To further establish the malware infection, take the following steps:
- Go to Task Manager by pressing the combination of keys ctrl+alt+del
- Go to the process tab and right-click on the WUDFHost.exe and open the file location
If the file is located outside C:\Program Files, then it is likely that the system is affected by WUDFHost.exe virus.
How to remove WUDFHost.exe malware from the system using Comodo Virus Protection Software?
- Step 1: Download and Install the award-winning Comodo Free Antivirus.
- Step 2: Installation configuration frames will be displayed. Select the configuration you would like to apply.
- Step 3: Select Customize Configuration option and arrange installers, configuration, and file location.
- Step 4: Once the Installation is Finished, restart your PC.
- Step 5: It will take some time for the Comodo Internet Security to update the Antivirus or Virus Protection Software.
- Step 6: Proceed with a quick scan that automatically begins after the update.
- Step 7: If threats are found during the scanning, you will be prompted with an alert screen.
- Step 8: Comodo Antivirus will remove WUDFHost.exe virus from your computer including all other malwares!
What is WUDFHost.exe?
To begin with, what is WUDFHost.exe and what is it used for? WUDFHost.exe is related to Windows User-Mode Driver Framework Host. WUDFHost.exe is very important for Windows systems to communicate with hardware devices and is designed to load drivers automatically. You can find the WUDFHost.exe file in the C:\Windows\System32 folder on your computer.
You can press the Esc + Shift + Ctrl keys at the same time to open Task Manager. Then under the Processes tab, you can find Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Framework Host Process is on the list.
What is WUDFHost exe used for?
WUDFHost.exe is related to Windows User-Mode Driver Framework Host. WUDFHost.exe is very important for Windows system to communicate with hardware devices and is designed to load drivers automatically. You can find the WUDFHost.exe file in the C: \ Windows \ System32 folder on your computer.
Can I disable WUDFHost exe?
This takes you to the device manager. Find the device you inserted. It’s usually under Portable Devices, right-click and select Disable. Your device will continue to function normally even after this.
Fix High CPU Usage by WUDFHost.exe in Windows 10 (Expert Tips)
Why does WUDFHost exe crash?
If the WUDFHost.exe file proves to be safe in the last method, your CPU hoarding issue may be caused by a corrupt or outdated driver. Many people have reported that updating their device drivers helps them fix the problem, so you can give that a try too.